People Monuments Fittings and Furnishings Early History The Medieval Building The Reformation The Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries The South Chapel Restoration and Enrichment 1770 Nineteenth Century Radical Restoration Stained Glass Windows The Twentieth Century The Sharing of the Church Church and Community Hall New Church Roof 2010
There are two beautiful chandeliers above the centre aisle with six branches and some enrichment. An earlier one given by David Lloyd of Cefn y Fedw was recast in 1781, when another matching one was given by the fourth baronet and the vicar, Thomas Trevor.
The mortal remains of the fourth baronet were laid to rest in the family
vault in August 1789. No memorial was erected within the church to mark the
generosity and elegance of his benefaction. He is commemorated by the Column
in Wynnstay Park, erected 1790, and presented to his memory by his mother
Dame Frances and designed by James Wyatt.
Copyright St Mary's Church Ruabon